Tuesday, May 10, 2016

I see you

My name is Alice Miller I am twenty seven 

with Epilepsy. This is a seizure disorder where the persons brain "has a blackout" for few second called absence seizure  to minutes which can be anything from myoclonic to grand mal seizures depending on the type you  have. I was diagnosed with epilepsy when I was in ninth grade but it all started when i was in around seventh grade or so. I am on medication and go for monthly check ups to make sure my seizures are in tacked. I have to be more careful then most teenagers need to be when it comes to partying and pulling all nighters and things like that. I can not drink as much alcohol or be in settings with flashing lights at times. I am more prone to getting sick and those are some of my triggers. It did not really affect my self esteem rather it just bothered me that I could not be like everyone else and do everything regular. It made me more aware of my medical life and I am proud of  who I am. 

No comments:

Post a Comment