Monday, May 2, 2016

The only thing you have to fear is fear itself


   Hi I am Jasmine Piroles I am fifteen at the moment living in Indiana! I have something called Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. It's characterized by thoughts and fears (obsessions) that are unreasonable for the situation such as inability to go on a bus with out fear. These obsessions lead to compulsive behaviors that develop over time.I recieved the diagnoses at around the age of thirteen. I had moved away from home from all of my friends and most of my family to a new state that was much different and less desirable. My mom was always sick and one reason we moved was because of this to get her treatment. Shortly after settling into my new home I began to obsess over the thought of losing my mom and began to engage in compulsive behaviors. I get treatment for my Obsessive Compulsive Disorder which can include therapy or medication. I was very self motivated to stop because it interfered in my daily life and made me feel more out of control of what I can and cannot do, which was the reason I started to receive the treatment for me was therapy, which helped me realize why I was having these episodes and how to slowly stop the behaviors. I was never hospitalized for my OCD. I have never felt personally discriminated against for this, however it does annoy me when people take OCD lightly and misuse this term for being a obsessively tidy person or other claims that are incorrect.I am happy with what I do in my life and the help I have been receiving and very thankful for that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment