Wednesday, May 11, 2016

you heard me?

Hi my name is Abraham James before you ask I am not related to the basketball player in fact I am not close to sports inclined I am a gamer but even that is hard let me explain why before you go all mad dog on me. When I was first diagnosed it was with an inattentive type in sixth grade and I had an MRI taken they found something and I had medications then was taken off of the medications for a little while until seventh grade when I started taking natural vitamins by eighth grade my parents decided I needed to see anD GOT A SCREENING FROM THE audiologist who diagnosed me with Auditory Process Disorder s WHICH IS an umbrella term for a variety of disorders that affect the way the brain processes AUDITORY information.


 Individuals with APD usually have normal structure and function of the outer, middle and inner ear (peripheral hearing). However, they cannot process the information they hear in the same way as others do, which leads to difficulties in recognizing and interpreting sounds, especially the sounds composing speech. It is thought that these difficulties arise from dysfunction in the central nervous SYSTEM. They decided to put me on earbiotics which helps with phonological awareness. I go to a school which provides me with many accomadations to make my learning in the classroom easy even with my APD. It is hard even socially for me to answer at the moment someone asks me a question which requires longer answers it stinks but music helps me cope even if it is not always so clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment