Tuesday, May 10, 2016

There are some complications



       Hey Benjy Lichter I have diabetes but there were some complications and I ended up needing an amputation but let me tell the story of how my foot got to the point of amputation. So I was diagnosed with diabetes at fifty years old and not to much later only six years so at the age of fifty six I got the amputation on my foot. My treatment plan is probably what you would guess I take medications, special diets, sometimes I need wheelchairs and  thank goodness they have prosthetic legs which are fully functional. I did need to stay a week for amputation recovery and about a year later I had to go back for approximately four days because the amputation had gotten infected very badly which was not fun for the nurses or myself but that is all the hospitalization that was  needed for my disability. There was a time I was labeled or discriminated against because of my disability which was when both my age and disability worked against me I am sixty three my mobility is very limited which closes doors for me whenit comes to promotions and other things. I may not like it but to bad for me I got my bag of stuff no trading now. I am scared to speak about my disability.  

No comments:

Post a Comment